Thursday 5 December 2013

A post about our engagement party and the hangover that followed...

Good evening lovely world! I apologise for not catching up sooner! To be honest with you, I could lie about my busy busy life (which is partially true) but more importantly, I actually had a hangover that lasted TWO DAYS! TWO WHOLE DAYS! And my recovery on Tuesday was short lived; due to my twisted ankle, that I can only assume is from being a party princess at the weekend. I expect no sympathy.

To be honest with you all, I don't really drink. There are a few reasons. Firstly, I just don't like feeling gross the next day. I really don't think that the feeling of being drunk outweighs the after effects! Secondly, and probably more importantly, my family kind of has a love/hate relationship with it. My father drank a lot when I was younger (never bring red wine near me) and we used to go on holiday together once a year. By this time my parents had split and he'd get wasted from like 6pm and it'd just be a nightmare. This kept happening until I was 12 when I didn't want to go anymore. I called him the night before we were supposed to leave and told him. He was obviously heartbroken. I wanted him to go alone, some time with his thoughts, clear his head...maybe change his spots? Naive. We haven't spoken in over ten years now. I think drink can destroy families. Both my mum and my step-dad have also struggled with it, but are better now. My step-dad has been sober for over two years now! Isn't that brilliant! Anywhoo, for these reasons it's rare that I'll turn to drink for a good time. Give me a cuppa and I'm just as awesome!

 On special occasions (or if I fancy)....I will drink...This happened last Saturday.....this is all I can tell you..

.

The rest is blurry....and painful...and blurry..

All I know is I thought I was dying on Sunday. No amount of sleep/food/vomit (yes I know gross, sorry) could save me.....as for Monday...almost as bad to be honest...until the ankle..

So yes finally, it has been over a month since Harps put me in his pocket forever and it's been a month since I flew up to cloud 9. So far I haven't changed my mind and decided to run away...Nor has he revealed some really horribly disgusting habit that I didn't know about (it has been 5 years!)....And THAT guys, is something to drink for.

Goodnight, Sophie xx


2 comments:

  1. *raises a glass* (A glass filled with tea!!)

    I wish I could have pent the evening with you! Although i'm pretty glad I didn't because I would have suffered from a hangover just as bad!xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cried over it..that's how bad it was. haha. You looked to have had an awesome time yourself though lovely lady?! xxxx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my little blog. I LOVE comments, so click way!