Tuesday 24 March 2015

Signs of Spring.



Wave your hands in the air like you just don't care! *Flails around for a moment or two* Spring has shown it's wonderful first signs and I for one am whooping with joy both literally and metaphorically!  As you can see from my rather surprised looking face to the left; (and showing off my new No7 face match thingy magingy lipstick!) I opened the curtains to glorious sunshine on Sunday and promptly skipped out into the garden where I spent the day de-weeding, garden prepping and seed planting (as well as being introduced to the new neighbours next door and their 3 year old who by the afternoon was running around my front garden naked?! Oh and a cat came into the house TWICE Batman was NOT impressed!) It's been the first weekend in a while I've felt glad to be productive and not just wanted to crawl back under a blanket and binge watch Netflix- damn it felt good.


There's a smell of fresh rain and freshly mowed lawns in the air- the birds are singing just that little bit louder and the warmth of the sun is something I feel I've been longing for months now.

There have been other, subtler signs of Spring; 
  • Hot cross buns after a long day in the garden. Smothered with plenty of butter of course ;-).



  • Batman enjoying a plum whilst mid-malt. Seriously I have his fur just sticking to everything at the moment- it's making him pretty grumpy too!




  • Repotting house plants (and tending to my rather sad looking aloe vera plant!)



  • Nursing my very much growing forget me not's and getting excited for them flowering!



  • Starting (and finishing) new books. I'm enjoying how quickly I can get through these Nick Hornby books. They're such easy yet engaging reads.


How are you all enjoying the return to warmer weathers? 

Love Sophie Xx

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that spring is here - from waking up on a Saturday to blue skies and sunshine, to flowers blooming in the park around the corner from my work, it's so much easier to feel upbeat, productive and positive in the spring months!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a flicker of warm weather...one week (two weeks ago) and it was sunny skies, 70 degrees (F), and smiles. And now today we're back to Netflix weather :/ Oh dear, will spring ever come to stay?!
    ~ Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE hot cross buns! Can't wait to start munching away on them, and yes, of course there has to be tons of butter! Xx Sophie/ www.prettyandpolished.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, Batman looks like he's enjoying that plum! I am very excited for the return to warmer weather now - seeing all the Daffodils popping up and lambs in the field has got me in that spring feeling! Lovely post - Tasha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my little blog. I LOVE comments, so click way!