Thursday 18 September 2014

Thankful Thursday: The Big Picture.



Thank fuck it's Thursday...doesn't have the same ring to it does it? Anywhooty, how is everybody doing on this mid-September day? I've been feeling super thankful this week so far, lots of time spent with family from both Harps and my side, all you can eat Chinese food definitely helps, as does spending time with my bestie, Stacie. 'That in itself is a lovely trio of thanks' I hear you cry? You're right it is *smug face* but I have even more exiting and wondrous thanks to be shared, so lets get on with it shall we?

1) A Big Project.- Something which has just started budding, something I've hoped would flourish for  a while now....is in it's beginning stages. I haven't felt so excited about something expressive in forever! 

2) The Big Picture.- Looking at life in 'The big picture' is really refreshing. For the first time in a while, I feel like I have a strong three year plan. It's super top secret at the moment, but it slots into place nicely, career wise AND life wise, which isn't always easy to do! 

3) Bimble's Smile.- As you may, or may not have read, it was my darling Bimble's birthday on Sunday and looking back over the photos as the week goes on makes my little heart swell with happiness. Genuinely, he has one of the most angelic smiles that I've ever seen. I promise to keep that smile for as long as I can.

4) Contentment.- If someone asked me when I started this blog in November, how I felt at the time? The answer would have been twofold. 1) Amazing- I'd just got engaged and was in a spiral of absolute, total bliss. 2) The other would have been 'fidgety'. I was feeling like I was struggling with a work/life balance, questioned old friendships and whether I should try and reignite them, thinking of reinventing my 'look' (the dishevelled pretty?). It had been brewing for a little while. I think everyone has these moments, actually I think they're quite good for us. Fast forward to now, I couldn't feel more excited for the future, accepting of myself or comfortable in my own skin. Sure there'll be more wobbles, but for now, that's pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty good.


Thank you Lisette, you inspire me to not only be more thankful but also to look out for what I'm actually thankful for in life. And Liona, you're a babe- but you already knew that ;-)

Love Sophie Xx

4 comments:

  1. LOVE that photo, you are so gorgeous! I am definitely in one of those 'fidgety' phases at the moment! Love this list, it's always good to acknowledge the things we are thankful for. Glad everything is going so well for you and good luck with your big project :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so stinkin' cute! And hey thumbs up for life plans - I've been trying to figure out mine...university is such a crazy time trying to figure everything out! Sometimes it seems impossible to plan for things when you don't know what opportunities are yet to come! I'm happy to see that things do work out though and it sounds like they're going beautifully for you :)
    ~ Samantha
    samsamcherie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like all is good in the hood!
    Although you can't just mention a 'big project' and leave us hanging!! Guuhhh.
    Good luck with whatever it is :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, damn you and your hints at a secret! I want to knowwww what your Big Project is! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my little blog. I LOVE comments, so click way!