Thursday 11 September 2014

Thankful Thursday. That Inner Voice.



Thursday is here and we're all a little bit worn out from the week. I'll be honest, earlier today I decided that I wasn't going to do a TT post this week. I didn't really know how to explain how I was feeling in a thankful way, so I snuggled down for a bit of a snooze with Batman (we love a slumber party!) Simply, it all came down to; actually I'm probably the most thankful that I've been in a long time. 

Over the weekend, someone who can only be described as, an adopted family member, had a terrible accident. I mean, we didn't know that he'd make it at one stage. But he will. In fact, for someone who's broken his neck and skull, he's doing pretty fucking brilliant. Which in itself is something to be thankful for. It was a car accident, and I've spent the week feeling really rather....human. I mean how fragile is life? Incredibly. The doctors have said that had he had the roof down on his convertible car (a pretty much sure thing with this guy,) that he'd be dead. Simple. Yet he says, something told him not to take it down that day. Something stopped him.

Talking about this accident with a close friend, she told me of a time when she was younger, back when you didn't legally need to wear seat belts. So she never did, because nobody did and why would you if you are told you don't have to use them? One day, driving home from work in the sodding rain, upset at some family news she's just received, she veered down a hill. Something made her decide to put her seatbelt on. As she carried on, overtaking another vehicle, she had a head on collision with another car. Wearing that seatbelt saved her life.

Now I know this all seems like a traffic safety post, it isn't. Those are just examples of that little inner voice that we all have. That little voice that nudges us in the right direction, the one that tells us when something 'just doesn't feel right' and the one that saves our lives. That's what I'm thankful for.

Thank you Lisette for inspiring me to be more thankful. And thank you Liona for being an amazing friend.
Love Sophie and Batman Xx

5 comments:

  1. That "little voice" has gotten me out of so many sticky, indecisive, "this doesn't feel right" moments. I completely know what you're talking about! I definitely am thankful to have it: it even comes in handy for simple decisions like: Study or go out with friends? Dye your hair or leave it be? (additionally, cut your hair or leave it?) Go to class or sleep in? Another cup of coffee or water? Having that "little guide" advising you what to do is definitely something that you should always listen to. Be thankful its there!
    ~ Samantha
    samsamcherie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be warned that I may, or may not, be contemplating the most respectable way in which to kidnap and keep (forever) your rabbit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I hope your friend is okay after everything! It's so good thank you are thankful for all those precious things in life xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a scary time to be going through! I went through a similar thing this time last year when my best friend had an accident. The little voice in her head told her to sit in the middle seat in the back, instead of the left where she hopped in. It saved her life as the left side of the car hit a tree. Humanity is fragile, but at the same time, quite marvellous. I hope your friend is doing well xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge hugs for you and all your family xx It's a very scary time and such a shock when something like that happens, take care of yourself xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my little blog. I LOVE comments, so click way!