Wednesday 19 November 2014

Wednesday Words #7 Good Things Come To Those Who Wait.

Image source Via Pinterest.

Wednesday is actually speedily becoming Thursday and I find myself panicking for the weekend and hoping that our charity event goes off without a hitch! We'll sit down on Sunday and have a cup of tea and a catch up shall we? With charitable intentions and good faith in mind, positive attitude has been my motto of the week- followed by this little gem:


'Good things come to those who wait.'

Used, but probably not originated, by Violet Fane (1843-1905) in her poem Tout vient ß qui sait attendre.
'Ah, all things come to those who wait,'
(I say these words to make me glad),
But something answers soft and sad,
'They come, but often come too late.'

I just couldn't find the origins of this phrase but did think the slightly darker undertones of this poem made it all the more interesting!


How is everyone's weeks going? 
Cold isn't it?!
Love Sophie?

1 comment:

  1. I hate waiting. I'm oftentimes a very fast-paced, high-strung person who likes results and likes them quickly. Good things may come to those who wait, but along with them anxiety and stress! Haha I've often found this phrase to be true - you have to wait and work for what you're reaching for and often that takes time. I really need to work on my patience....
    Lovely post!
    ~ Samantha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my little blog. I LOVE comments, so click way!