Thursday 19 February 2015

Windy Walks & Beach Badgers.








On a windy day off within the last few weeks, mother asked as to whether I'd like to walk the spaniels with her. Practically scratching at the walls with no access to my laptop, I jumped at the chance for a little catch up time and to blow the cobwebs away. After spending a little time walking I began to tell tales of the lesser spotted beach badgers that had dug holes just like this one << in the sand.

Mother thinking she's much smarter disagreed but hey, not everyone can be as in the know as I am.


Winter walks on the beach are some of my favourite. There's hardly anyone there besides the fellow dog walkers and this results in lots of doggy related chit chat.


Me: "Look that dog has a coat on, why don't your dogs get coats?"
Mother: "They don't need coats, they're warm enough as they are!"
Me: "Well I'm sure they'd be happier if they were even warmer, I'm going to call the authorities."
Mother: "That dog has a purple coat on and it looks ridiculous."
Me: *Spots whippet* " That dog definitely needs his coat!"


And so on and so fourth.

Followed by many doggie butt sniffing awkward interactions with other dogs. 



Aaah winter.

Love Sophie Xx

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! Winter beach times are also my faves, you get the whole place to yourself! :) PS I tried to get my Border Collie to wear a coat...she was not a fan!! ;) Lx

    whiskyandpancakes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such gorgeous photographs. I don't have a dog (unfortunately!) but I still love winter walks - it's nice to be out in the cold fresh air when the paths are so empty from other people. I also really enjoy dog chat - I'm the strange girl telling people 'Your dog is so cute!' as I walk past without one!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos!
    Elizabeth - http://diaryofagirl10.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah the great dog coat debate. Husband says I'm not allowed. I WILL WIN. Soon.
    That top photo is pleasing to mine eye.
    M x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my little blog. I LOVE comments, so click way!