Monday 25 August 2014

Scrumptious Blueberry, Raspberry & Chocolate Muffins.






Happy Bank Holiday Monday one and all! Has anybody had any lovely plans?! I've been busy baking some delicious muffins in a last ditch attempt to hold on to summer- alas, the weather doesn't agree with me on that one *sigh*.  I have been coming to terms with the impending "Winter is coming John Snow" after plenty of customers, irritatingly kindly kept informing me last week:



1) It is 18 Fridays until Christmas.

2) There are only three more paydays until Christmas.




Fuckers.



So in the middle of the night (when all the best thinking gets thinked.) I came up with the plan that this year everyone will be receiving only homemade gifts from me. Mainly because I really need to get this saving malarkey underway, but also because this year I've rediscovered my love for baking, for homemade gifts and personalised touches. Today I ventured into the rain and bought some edible, festive glitters and a spanky, new miniature cake tin. I am on it! These muffins are super simple to make and super delicious, perfect for this evenings bank holiday snuggliness.  

Makes 9-12
Ingredients: 225g Plain Flour, 2 tsp Baking Powder, 115g Caster Sugar, 175g Fresh Fruits/chocolate drops (I wanted to make 3 different types of muffin but realised I didn't have enough butter), 1 Egg- Beaten, 115g Butter/Marg- Melted, 150ml Whole Milk, 1 tsp Vanilla Extract. 















1) Line a 9-12 hole muffin pan with large paper cases . Preheat the oven to 190c/375f/ Gas 5.

2) Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl.

3) Stir in the sugar and fruits/chocolates (coating these in flour will help stop them from sinking.)

4) Make a well in the centre.

5) In a measuring jug, mix together the egg, melted butter/marg, milk and vanilla extract.

6) Pour into the well and mix lightly using a spoon, forming a thick, rough batter.

4) Spoon into muffin cases and bake for 23-25 minutes on a middle shelf until golden brown and risen.

5) Transfer onto a wire rack to cool a little. 

6) Have a nibble whilst still warm.


Love Sophie Xx

4 comments:

  1. These look yummy! I just made blackberry and pecan muffins. Not sure how I feel about all this Christmas talk though! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the girls at work has put a Christmas countdown on our shared office noticeboard - far too early for that methinks! (I do like your homemade plan though, that's one aspect of Christmas planning that's definitely allowed!) :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm drooling! lol these sound so yummy - perhaps I'll try them but use a few different ingredients like Earth Balance and Almond Flour to veganize (is that a word?) the recipe!
    And holy moly...18 Fridays til Christmas? WOW
    ~ Samantha
    samsamcherie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ignoring all Christmas chat (this is a woman who had all Christmas presents delivered from Amazon on Dec 24th last year like a massive tit).
    Muffins look bloody marvellous though and if you're dishing out homemade gifts my dress size is 8 'k?
    M x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my little blog. I LOVE comments, so click way!