2. Bookmark or random piece of paper? I usually use a bookmark that Harps and I received as stocking fillers one Christmas, but to be honest it bends the pages slightly that I'm on the look out for a nice new one. I might knit one?
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or certain number of pages? The sort of soviet Russia books that I seem to be reading a lot of these days, can go almost 50 pages without a new chapter, so I'm slowly adjusting to finishing at the end of a page and then re-capping quickly when I pick it back up.
4. Do you eat or drink when reading? I'm pretty much a shark and always have some form of liquid around me. Seriously guys, I drink so much every day. Reading time usually involves a cup of tea and some cake or biscuits (of course) but I've perfected the knee book holder position to ensure I don't get my books all crumby!
5. Do you watch TV or listen to music when reading? Not out of choice. I'd much rather read in a nice quiet space but Harps also enjoys a good book and he can't read without background noise, so we usually have the iPod on or a bit of Classic Fm...Yes we're that cultured and amazing.
6. One book at a time or several at once? One at a time. I have and sometimes still do read more than one book at once, but purely out of disinterest for the first book. I read pretty quickly though, so I'm much more likely to just hurry through the boring book and start a new one. It's even rarer that I won't finish a book, even if I'm not enjoying it.
7. Reading at home or everywhere? Anywhere and everywhere. I sometimes walk to work reading my book. Luckily I know the route like the back of my hand. I don't really read at work anymore, probably more-so to give my eyes a rest from staring at a screen all day. Most likely at home.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head? Usually in my head. I say usually because if there are certain parts that I just love, either the story or the way that it's written, I have to share it. Usually with Harps but sometimes I write quotes etc down. I think it's nice to have beautiful words kept.
9. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages? Only a couple of times. I'm much more likely to skim read the boring parts. I recently read a book that described 'string theory' and I had to read backwards and forwards and fucking everywhere in that book to understand it!
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new? Seriously, do you want me to break-a-your-face?
11. Do you write in your books? I think I have twice; once when I gifted a book to someone and wanted them to have a little personal message to remember me by. And secondly, when I drew a penis on an illustration of a man in a science book. Sorry about that.
12. What are you currently reading? Starting a spot of Dickens. I have a newer copy of "A Tale of Two Cities" but I much prefer this newer one! Isn't it beautiful?
That was fun. I love reading! Let me know if you're doing the tag by posting in the comments below!
Love Sophie Xx