Wednesday 23 April 2014

Weird and Wonderful News Wednesday #13 MY MAC AIRBOOK HAS ARRIVED! Reasons You Shouldn't Take Holiday From Work, Letters From a Brave Soldier, Happy 450th Birthday William Shakespeare! And Rosie Got Engaged!



Good Day wondrous world! I must confess, I had a much more easter themed weekend planned for you all! Alas, I had too much fun not being at work that I neglected you all in favour of eating too much chocolate and taking afternoon naps- ya know, the usual. I cross my heart and hope to die promise that this weekend you will all enjoy the most spectacular of Batman posts. He had a great easter too! He's looking forward to a take-over! 
Second confession. I intended to make his post all over this evenings' but then two things happened.

1) My Macbook arrived! Huzzah! This is brilliant news for all of us because my poor lappetytop was almost eight years old, had been reset to factory settings more times than I've had hot dinners, and blue screen crashed on a daily basis. I feel so fancy...But I'm still getting used to using it! And using a keyboard that i haven't got to fist pump the keys to type! Bare with me.

2) I've been a sick puss this evening.  I'm not sure why, combo of a long, tiring first day back at work and not eating/drinking enough/ eastereggcomedown. Who knows. I feel crappy. 

So let us sum up a spot of news and I'll catch you all in the morrow. When I feel a bit more human....until then, you can fantasise about me kissing me above. You're welcome.


Happy Birthday Bill! 450 TODAY! 

I am a massive fan of William Shakespeare. My mum has this massive book with everything he wrote     (well as much as was known when it was published) and I used to love spending hours looking through it. My darling Grandpa used to encourage his work as well. He once spent three hours discussing/ explaining Hamlet to me when I was about seven! 




Letters From A Soldier To His Mother. Via the independent.com

Cyrus Thatcher was one of the youngest victims fighting for this country in the war. At 19 years old, he served for over two years before he was sadly killed. Read his letters, feel his love and honour his memory. As you all know, I'm not a supporter of war, in any way. In my opinion, troops should have come home a long time ago, preferably not at all. What can I say, I'm a lover, not a fighter. That standing aside, it's hard to imagine, writing a letter to your family at 19 years old, incase you die. Sad stuff.




All of these are brilliant. Except 5 and 6. I HATE Nicholas Cage. WITH. A. PASSION. I dare you to challenge that.  Seriously, they're hilarious. Click.



CONGRATULATIONS ROSIE

Everyone knows the wonderful Rosie from the brilliant and massively inspirational blog Cider with Rosie. She posted the most beautiful post all about her awesome engagement! Congratulations Rosie! I can't wait to read all about your wedding planning! P.s her photos of Teddy the dog are adorable! 



Here's a photo that I took the exact moment I realised that fishes were moving on my screen and I could pretend that I was underwater! YES.




Love Sophie Xx

1 comment:

  1. I heart your face, hope you're feeling better today.
    I also heart Bill but...I can't say Shakespeare without breaking it down to Shak-es-peare, I also say it in a dodgy American accent. I must have pinched it from a film! Which one?? It might be Scary Movie. The shame.

    Congrats on the MacBook, I imagine you'll be very happy together!
    M x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my little blog. I LOVE comments, so click way!