Sunday 8 June 2014

How to Bake a Yummy Banana, Chocolate and Blueberry Loaf Cake.


Mmmmm I know right?! You're so lucky to have me. Happy Sunday. This recipe is super simple, takes all in all 15mins to prep and lasts right into the middle of the week (probably longer if you're not super greedy like me!) So get off those butts and get baking! 


125g butter, 150g caster sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 egg, beaten,  2 very ripe bananas, mashed (though I actually used 2.5)A handful (or more) of chocolate chipsA handful (or more) of blueberries190g self raising flour60ml milk

  1. Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin. Melt butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium heat.
  2. Remove from heat and add the mashed bananas, mix well.
  3. Add the egg, mix well.
  4. Stir in the flour and the milk.
  5. Pour into the prepared tin, sprinkle with a tablespoon of demerara sugar to give a crunch topping if liked.
  6. Bake at 170 C / Fan 150 C / Gas 3 for 35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool and enjoy!
Happy baking!
Love Sophie Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my little blog. I LOVE comments, so click way!